call us on 01522 525 255

Energy Performance Certificates - Lincoln

An Energy Performance Certificate is required, by law, whether you are looking to sell or let your property.

Here at King & Co., we are able to offer this service to our clients directly. Partner David Handley is a fully qualified and accredited Domestic Energy Assessor (DEA). This means that we are fully in control of all time-scales and can guarantee that your EPC is produced accurately, quickly and efficiently as there are no middle-men involved.

Below, please find some useful information regarding Energy Performance Certificates. Should you wish to discuss matters further or arrange for your own EPC to be carried out, please ask for David Handley.

What is an Energy Performance Certificate?

The Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) gives home owners, tenants and buyers information on the energy efficiency of their property. It gives the building a standard energy and carbon emission efficiency grade from ‘A’ to ‘G’, where ‘A’ is the best and with the average to date being a band E.

What use is the certificate?

EPCs are measured using the same calculations for all homes, so you can compare how efficient your home is by comparison to other properties on the market.

Part of the EPC is a recommendation report which will list the potential rating that your home could achieve, if the recommendations given were implemented. The report lists improvements that you could carry out and how this would change the energy and carbon emission rating of the property.

You can use this information to:

  • cut your fuel bills
  • improve energy performance in your home
  • help cut carbon emissions

Do I have to have the certificate?

If you are a homeowner looking to sell your home, you will by law require an EPC. You must instruct a Domestic Energy Assessor to carry out your EPC prior to the property being marketed which must be with your agent within 28 days of the instruction.

If you are a landlord with a residential property, as of 1st October 2008 an EPC will be also be required to be able to let your property.

How long does the certificate last?

An EPC is valid for 10 years.

Who produces the EPC?

Only a fully qualified and accredited Domestic Energy Assessor (DEA) may produce an EPC.

More services

Click here for more information about our other services.

Open Hours

Monday - Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm
Saturday 9:30am to 3:00pm
Sunday Closed

King & Co. services

  • Free valuations with no obligation when Selling or Renting out a property
  • Never beaten on fees
  • Residential Sales
  • Residential Property Management
  • Commercial Sales and Lettings
  • Commercial Property Management
  • Energy Performance Certificates
  • Legionnaire's Risk Assessment
  • Floorplans
  • Mortgage Advice

more services

Arrange a callback

Let King & Co. call you back.

arrange a callback

Request a valuation

King & Co. will give your property a valuation.

request a valuation

Sell with King & Co.

Need a Valuation for Matrimonial reasons?

Or a Valuation for Probate purposes?

Contact: Gill King or David Handley.

01522 525 255

get more info


Keep your property earning money for you with King & Co. managed letting.

more details